Hello! With the release of Qt6 versions of PyQt and PySide the course was getting a little crowded. So, today I've split the PySide tutorials into their own standalone PySide course.
The tutorials have all been updated for PySide2 & PySide6, with some additional improvements based on the latest editions of the book.
This first update includes the following PySide tutorials --
Getting started creating Python GUIs with PySide
- Creating your first app with PySide A simple Hello World! application with Python and Qt.
- Signals, Slots & Events Triggering actions in response to user behaviors and GUI events.
- Widgets Using PySide's built-in widgets to build your applications.
- Layout management Use layouts to effortlessly position widgets within the window.
- Actions — Toolbars & Menus Defining toolbars, menus and keyboard shortcuts with QAction.
- Dialogs and Alerts Notify your users and ask for their input.
Using Qt Designer with PySide
- First steps with Qt Designer Use Qt Designer's drag and drop interface to design your GUI.
- Laying Out Your GUIs With Qt Designer Use Qt Designer to effortlessly build your application UI.
- Embedding custom widgets from Qt Designer Learn how to use custom widgets in your PySide applications when designing with Qt Designer.
- Creating Dialogs With Qt Designer Using the drag and drop editor to build PySide dialogs.
- The QResource System Using the QResource system to package additional data with your applications.
Extended UI features in PySide
- System tray & Mac menu bar applications Add quick access functions to your apps.
- Add scrollable regions with QScrollArea Run out of space in your GUI? Add a scrollable region to your application.
- Creating searchable widget dashboards Make dashboard UIs easier to use with widget search & text prediction.
- Transmitting extra data with Qt Signals Modifying widget signals to pass contextual information to slots.
- Creating additional windows Opening new windows for your application.
Multi threading PySide applications & QProcess
- Multithreading PySide applications with QThreadPool Run background tasks concurrently without impacting your UI.
- Using QProcess to run external programs Run background programs without impacting your UI.
Qt Model Views
- The ModelView Architecture Qt's MVC-like interface for displaying data in views.
- Displaying tabular data in ModelViews Create customized table views with conditional formatting, numpy and pandas data sources.
Pyside plotting & graphics with Matplotlib/PyQtGraph
- Plotting with PyQtGraph Create custom plots in PySide with PyQtGraph.
- Plotting with Matplotlib Create PySide plots with the popular Python plotting library.
Bitmap graphics and custom widgets
- QPainter and Bitmap Graphics Introduction to the core features of QPainter.
- Creating custom GUI widgets in PySide Build a completely functional custom widget from scratch using QPainter.
Packaging (PySide2 only)
- Packaging PySide2 applications for Windows, with PyInstaller Turn your Qt5 application into a distributable installer for Windows.
- Packaging PySide apps with fbs Distribute cross-platform GUI applications with the fman Build System.
That's all for now!
You can access the course overview here.
My complete guide, updated for 2021 & PySide6. Everything you need build real apps.
To support developers in [[ countryRegion ]] I give a [[ localizedDiscount[couponCode] ]]% discount on all books and courses.
[[ activeDiscount.description ]] I'm giving a [[ activeDiscount.discount ]]% discount on all books and courses.